Wednesday, April 9, 2008

SRS- Final

The Series piece is finally all done and turned it! That's a load off! Haha but I don't mean to make it sound like I didn't enjoy the project- because I did. A lot more than I thought I would too. I really enjoyed making a campaign, not just one piece that stands on it's own. I think that making series/campaigns is more applicable to the kind of work we'll all be doing after we graduate. I think it's doubtful we'll have many projects that are just ONE thing. For a concert you need posters, tshirts, tickets, advertisements... for ads, you might have magazine, newspaper, billboard... ect. When we get closer to graduating, we'll need business cards, a portfolio, website, ect. that all work cohesively together and communicate a strong, solid identity. So I think doing this project was really good practice for that.




Now that I'm looking at my entire series together- the identity, poster, stickers, tshirt and website... I'm pretty proud of it! I'm glad we had so much time to do this project, because I know the result I turned out is exponentially better than if I'd had two less weeks, even if we hadn't had the Greenway project. I think all my pieces work well together, and they are a very cohesive campaign, without losing variety. 
My favorite piece is DEFINITELY the website. I've discovered that I really have a passion for Flash websites. If I knew Dreamweaver I might have  a passion for that too, but I can't seem to wrap my mind around that program. So I have no idea. But yeah, I think my series turned out very well, with the website being the strongest component. 
I think my series turned out as well as did because I got so into this assignment. That happened for two reasons: 1#- I was excited at the chance to do a whole campaign, instead of only one piece. 2#- Because I chose a topic that I'm really interested in, which made all the hours of work a hundred times more fun, which made my work a hundred times better!

Here's my website! The other pieces can be found there as well. Let me know what you think!

No comments: